Tuesday, September 9, 2014

 
Hey y'all!  I'm linking up with Andrea over at Momfessionals.  Today is "Come On In....Master Bedrooms."  We moved into our home almost 6 years ago.  We moved in the month of November (a week before Thanksgiving to be exact) and still hosted Thanksgiving dinner for 15 people!  My children were 6,4 and 18months at the time...call me crazy! Our home was a speck home.  It was not exactly what we wanted, but very close.  There are definitely some things I would have changed, but nonetheless, it is our happy abode where we enjoy entertaining friends and family and raising our 3 precious children. 
 This is how we enter our master bedroom.  It is connected to the family room.  To the right (where you see an opening) is where you enter our master bathroom.
 This is the view entering our bathroom.  To the right (where you see a piece of the door is a private potty closet with a built in hamper and a HUGE linen closet and cabinets above the potty.)  I will spare you pictures.
 To the left of the tub is our walk-in shower with built in body jets (LOVE!).  Our bathroom is at a weird angle so it's hard to photograph...you get the picture!
 This is our sink area.  Praise the Lord for double sinks!  The two bottom drawers are HUGE and hold a ton of stuff!  And no....it's not the word MR on the wall...it's our initials (Matthew and Rebekah)! :)  The middle built in cabinet between the two sinks is big and the shelves are deep.  It even has a built in electrical outlet!
Just another view!
 
 
 This is the view to the left upon entering our bedroom.  To the left is my husbands walk in closet and to the right is mine.
 To the left of the bay widows is a door which leads to our back patio/pool area.  We have a great view of our pool through the windows.  We definitely get a ton of natural light for sure!  This picture also shows a bit of the ceiling.  The couch is an antique sofa my mother had in her house and then passed it along to me.  The glider rocker that I had for all 3 of my babies (which are now 12, 10, and 7) is still in our room.  Once I get over my emotional attachment (that is where my 7 year old likes to sit and do reading homework) I will place an additional reading chair.
 I love the fact that our nightstands don't match.  Mine is an antique table my mother gave me.
I'd be remiss if I didn't include this picture.  Our little one (he's 7 and will always be my baby!) likes to play in here to escape his older siblings.  I asked him to clean up his mess....and this was his definition of clean up!  Nice try!  Hope you enjoyed our master bedroom tour.  It's still not 100% done, but for now it works! 

No comments:

Post a Comment