Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Come on In: Laundry Rooms

Today I am linking up with Andrea for her "Come On In: Laundry Room Series." 
 This is the entrance into the laundry room.  The wall is oddly shaped because of a built in corner cabinet on the other side of the wall which is my eat-in kitchen.  The magnetic chalkboard is from IKEA and that is where I put practice schedules (cheer/volleyball/baseball/basketball) so I can keep up with what uniforms need to be cleaned and when! 
 Once you are in the laundry room it is long and narrow....and in need of a new rug.  I had one in there until a month ago when I sold it in a garage sale. I am on the hunt for a new one but have not found one that "speaks to me!"
 This is the wall opposite of the washer/dryer.  I just realized I need to put a picture in the frame!  The burlap board is my "inspiration board."  Currently I am re-doing my daughters room and have pulled things out of magazines that I want to re-create in her room. 
 I LOVE having a sink in the laundry room....especially when I am scrubbing white baseball pants!!!  This counter is my "Momma command center."  It is where I keep my planner "AKA: my momma brain", mail organizer, a picture of hubs and I and a candle.  There is something about a burning candle that makes doing load after load of laundry more bearable! :)
 I have an antique piece of furniture which was my grandmothers that holds all my cookbooks.  I have a slight obsession with cookbooks!  The top holds my grandmother's crocks.  The plastic drawers hold ribbon and various craft items.
One thing my laundry room has is tons of cabinet space! I apologize for the poor picture quality.  It was dusk and very cloud outside.  The cabinets are an antiqued gold color.  Matches all the cabinets in my kitchen. Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world!  Blessings to you!
 

3 comments:

  1. Nice laundry room, I love the cabinets in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how homey this room is and all the mom stuff!! So much space!!

    COme by and say hi! it's my girls' world

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome laundry room!!
    So much storage, and so helpful to have a sink right there!

    ReplyDelete