Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas Eve

Every year we attend our church's Christmas Eve candlelit service.  This year was extra special because some of the youth of our church, which included my daughter, read scriptures.  Madeline did such a great job!  My heart swells with pride when I see my children serving the Lord.  I pray they always have a heart and willingness for service.  My most favorite part of the service is when our candles are lit and we sing "Silent Night."  So moving. 

After service my parents come over for dinner which includes taco soup and all the fixings!  We love taco soup and it's something that I can make before service and just keep in warm in the crockpot so that it is ready to go when we are ready to eat!  This year we ate while watching A Christmas Story (one of my very favorite Christmas movies)!  After dinner and a movie my mother read "The Night Before Christmas" which is a tradition my children love! 

After company leaves we then get ready and snuggled in bed to await Santa's arrival...complete with cookies, milk and carrots for the reindeer! 





No comments:

Post a Comment